During her 2020-2021 term, Bradenton Kiwanis president Christie Cardillo challenged members to get more involved. To encourage participation, she created a unique contest that benefitted the entire community.
For the past eight months, the club has awarded one member per month a check in the amount of $2,000 to $3,000 to donate to a charitable organization of their choice. The only requirements were that the organization must a 501(c)(3) and meet Bradenton Kiwanis’ mission of serving children in our community.
Each time a Bradenton Kiwanis member participated in a luncheon meeting (via Zoom or in-person), volunteered for a service project, or participated in a committee meeting, they earned one entry into the drawing. This resulted in the following donations:
- Manatee Performing Arts Center – Awarded $2,000 from Sharon Barhorst
- Manatee County Rural Health – Awarded $2,000 by Janene Amick
- Manatee County Habitat for Humanity – Awarded $2,000 by Barbara Duncan
- Easter Seals of Southwest Florida – Awarded $2,000 by Kent Jimison
- The Salvation Army – Awarded $3,000 by Kelly French
- The Boys & Girls Club of Manatee – Awarded $3,000 by Ann Marie Welty
- The Police Athletic League – Awarded $3,000 by Karen Carpenter
- September’s winner is still TBA
About Bradenton Kiwanis
Since 1922, Bradenton Kiwanis has built a reputation for seeking out what needs to be done to help the children in our community and working together to make each project a reality. Their members are community leaders who proudly believe their organization offers the absolute best opportunity to get engaged in the community and make a positive difference.
The Bradenton Kiwanis Club meets for lunch every Tuesday from 12:15 pm to 1:15 pm. Each week’s meeting features an influential speaker who provides news and updates regarding issues that impact our community. The club also organizes and participates in many local volunteer events.
You can also contact email@example.com for more information or to RSVP for a lunch meeting. Mention Discover Bradenton when you reach out, and your first lunch is on us!