In this week’s edition of Tips From the Pros, we caught up with the owners of Jax Kar Wash. They shared some of the best advice for keeping your vehicle looking like new. Check it out!
Our cars are one of the most expensive things we own. So why do we treat them the way we do? We drive them to the beach, loading them with saltwater and sand. They are our own private booth for breakfast or a quick lunch, gathering fast food wrappers and sticky coffee cups.
Some of us even trust our fenders to tell us when we get a little too close to other vehicles. And then, there are those of us with kids… not sure if we have time for that!
In the midst of all this chaos, it’s easy to let the care of our car slip a bit. After all, the only time we are in our vehicles, we are a little busy… you know… driving!
No worries! We’ve compiled a few tips and tricks to help you easily keep your car looking like it did the day you bought it.
- Take care when you fill up. When you are at the gas pump, be careful of gas dripping from the nozzle. While the gas will evaporate and you won’t see any damage initially, it can leave behind stains that are very difficult to remove. Simply run your car through the car wash (wink, wink!) to remedy the problem ASAP.
- Apply cleaning products to the towel. Never spray them directly on the surface you’re addressing! This gives you control over the quantity of product used as well as where it goes, saving you money and time.
- Never use dirty rags to clean your car! Would you brush your teeth with a toothbrush you just used to scrub your toilet? (The answer is no, by the way!) Whenever using a towel on your car, make sure it’s clean and don’t set it on the ground in between uses. Not only is this super unsanitary, but it can pick up dirt and tiny particles that can scratch the surface of your car. You might not notice at first, but these scratches can accumulate over time and become more noticeable.
- Sometimes ‘later’ becomes ‘never’. We throw that crumpled napkin on the floor of our truck thinking, “I’ll take it inside when I get home”. But then it’s 2 weeks later, and it’s Mt. Dirty Napkin in the backseat. Do yourself a favor and invest in a bag or receptacle for your trash. It stays all neatly in one place and you can empty it every few days.
- Keep a microfiber towel in your car! Again, a little effort now saves you big time in the long run. Did your child splash juice on the window? A quick wipe now prevents a sticky mess later!
Implementing these easy tips will keep your car looking like a million bucks! And if life ever gets too hectic, our Unlimited Club gets you a sparkling clean car any day (or every day) of the week. Safe travels!
What great advice! Next time your car needs a little TLC, head over to Jax Kar Wash and let them work their magic! For more information about the services they provide, visit their website. While you’re at it don’t forget to follow them on Facebook and Instagram! And, of course, if you get a chance, tell them you heard about them on Discover Bradenton!