|Keep Your Finger On The Pulse|
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening: Volunteer & Community Relations Manager
FUNCTION: Responsible for the overall management of the volunteer and community relations program. Recruits, trains, coordinates, and monitors the work of volunteers ensuring ample coverage to meet program needs; prepares records and reports regarding the same; manages the day-to-day scheduling of the volunteer(s), volunteer group(s), schedules guest speakers, and conducts tours and orientations. Volunteers include, but are not limited to, alumni, board members, general and special event volunteers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Implement policies and procedures for volunteer recruitment, selection, training and participation in organization events and activities, as well as address volunteer performance issues, including termination when necessary.
• Contribute to operational strategic planning and resource development by identifying opportunities for volunteer giving, recruiting, selecting and training volunteers to assist in implementing youth program activities.
• Participates in speaking engagements for corporate and program partners to engage additional volunteers in youth programming.
• Develop a strategy to build and maintain programs and activities that will have a positive impact on the community
• Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other organizations
• Serve as a key point of contact for neighboring businesses, institutions, and communities
• Measures and maximizes satisfaction with staff and volunteers to ensure positive experiences, performance and build long-term relationships.
• Execute a Volunteer Work Plan as part of the organizational Development Plan.
• Working with the Chief Development Officer, the volunteer coordinator will help identify potential sources of volunteers and develop proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with the skills needed by Club programs and activities.
• Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations supporting volunteerism or serving as potential sources for Club volunteers.
• Assist the coordination of special events as assigned by Chief Development Officer to increase awareness of existing and new volunteer programs and to recognize volunteers.
• Serves as a liaison between BGCMC and the community, recruiting volunteers and facilitating short- and long-term volunteer projects involving individuals, corporate partners, churches, schools, and civic groups.
• Coordinates screening and selection of volunteers.
• Implement regular orientation of volunteers and make sure all volunteers complies with background checks.
• Maintains Volunteer application files and utilizing the Donor Perfect database.
• Assists the Chief Development Officer in preparing annual volunteer and alumni appreciation events; invites volunteers, plans program, recommends special recognition activities; coordinates staff involvement.
• Reports Volunteer Program results on a monthly basis.
• Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
• Assist with the execution of development team functions such as special events, donor relations, etc.
• This position requires a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
• Work in close collaboration with Development to build and augment relationships with corporations through volunteer projects/ initiatives.
• Identifies potential sources of volunteers and develop proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with needed skills and resources.
• Evaluates volunteer activities and participation, refining selection and training activities to ensure a high quality of volunteers.
• Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations supporting volunteerism or serving as potential sources for volunteers.
• Act as liaison with neighborhood and community groups to enhance community participation within the Clubs.
• Maintains ongoing relationships with volunteers to ensure positive experiences and opportunities for feedback to continually improve Volunteer Program, and appreciation.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Work with Development staff to coordinate special events and organization-wide activities to increase awareness of the volunteer programs and expand community outreach.
• Does not supervise staff, but does oversee volunteer activities and provides feedback, coaching, guidance and removal when necessary.
• Internal: Maintains close contact with the Development team, club staff and administrative office staff to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions, instruct, and advise/counsel.
• External: Maintains contact as needed with the Board of Directors, external community groups, agencies, vendors and others to network, collaborate and/or assist in resolving problems.
Position Requirements (not all-inclusive)
• Graduate from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Relationship building and teamwork skills
• Must be able to drive and have access to a personal vehicle
• Must be available to work occasional lunch hours and/or evening/weekend hours.
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Experience in working with volunteers and knowledge of youth development.
• Strong organizational/time management skills with the ability to work independently
• Set priorities and to be a self-motivated problem-solver
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Demonstrated excellent computer skills in database management, Microsoft Office programs, and Internet. Experience with DonorPerfect and Volunteer Local, a plus
• Strong oral and/or written communication skills with good public presentation skills
• Requires an outgoing, detail-oriented, event-planning professional who can form/build vendor relationships
• Must be able to relate to people of all levels
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Bi-Lingual a plus
• Required to stand, walk, and sit, bend, stoop, lift, reach overhead. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
• May require traveling by car to club facilities and community sites.
TO APPLY: Go to our website, click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Business Contact Number