There are many nonprofit organizations in Bradenton and the surrounding area. Each one is doing incredible work to support our community by helping those less fortunate, promoting the arts, providing education, and more.
During our nonprofit spotlight series, we’ll highlight information about a different local nonprofit each week.
Can you tell us a little bit about your mission and how you help to support our community?
|Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is much more than an out of school time and summer program. It is THE positive place for kids to develop lifelong friendships, build character and leadership, enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle, and achieve academic success.|
Our keys to success are met by inviting youth into a safe and inclusive environment where they can build strong and impactful relationships as they navigate through the challenges of life.
Who do you serve and why?
Our Clubs are safe, affordable, and FUN for all school-age children. While we strongly believe kids from all backgrounds can utilize and benefit from our programs, we ensure that no children are ever turned away for lack of ability to pay.
Can you describe a few of your key programs?
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County has a lineup of tested and proven programs that address today’s most pressing youth issues and focus on teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life. This includes programs designed to support academic success, character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. Some examples include:
- Money Matters – promoting financial responsibility and independence to children aged 13 – 18
- Diplomas2Degrees – guiding youth as they work toward high school graduation and prepare for post-secondary education and career success.
- NetSmartz – teaching members about safe and ethical use of the Internet
- Bullying Prevention – a pro-kindness, anti-bullying movement, aimed at empowering a culture of kindness and encouragement among youth.
- Drama Matters – provides lessons in stagecraft, set design, set building, stage lighting, costumes, stage make-up and directing
- Garden Club – teaches members horticultural and environmental science concepts
- Image Makers Photography Program – encourages Club members ages 6-18 to learn and practice a variety of photography skills
- Date SMART – helping teens 13-18 learn how to achieve mutually supportive relationships free of violence and abuse
- Gang Prevention for Positive Outreach – designed to lead young people away from gang behavior and into positive Club activities
- Million Members, Million Hours of Service – provides every Club member with opportunities to serve in year-round Club and community based volunteer service experiences
- Talk it Out – working with 4th and 5th grade members to develop their social/emotional intelligence and decision making
What’s the best way our community can help?
|Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County has a variety of volunteer opportunities! If you’re interested in helping kids reach their full potential, take a look at our Volunteer Opportunity page or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. |
We can also use donations of school supplies, youth masks, library books, and mulch and financial support is always appreciated.
We appreciate Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County working hard to enable all young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens. To learn more about this incredible organization, please visit their website and follow them on Facebook.