Thanksgiving and Black Friday are right around the corner, but before you indulge too much, don’t forget about one of the most important days of the year — Small Business Saturday!
This nationwide movement was created to celebrate the small businesses that keep communities vibrant and help the local economy thrive. If you want to participate, you’re in luck! Florida’s most eclectic neighborhood — The Village of the Arts — is hosting a special event that you won’t want to miss!
Located in downtown Bradenton, the VOTA is an “urban oasis” that’s home to over 20 locally-owned artist galleries, boutiques, and restaurants. On Saturday, November 30th, stop by The Dude and Mary’s Art of Life and Music (1414 11th St. W.) to pick up your Shop Small Punch Card. Then, spend the day wandering the art-filled shops and score some super-cool gifts for everyone on your list!
Get a stamp at each of the participating galleries and you’ll be entered to win a Shop Small tote bag filled to the brim with awesome stuff from the VOTA! This event runs from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. Participating galleries include:
- The Dude and Mary’s Art of Life and Music – fine art paintings, unique gift items, refinished furniture, and home decor.
- Dancing Crane Gallery – a diverse collection of original art, high-quality prints, and beautiful gift items in a range of price points.
- Monark Custom Framing and Art Gallery – custom art and framing.
- The Village Mystic – unique items that inspire tranquility for the home, body, mind, and spirit.
- Mystic Mines – Southwest Florida’s largest gemstone mining attraction.
- One One Eleven Arts – studio and gallery specializing in fine arts, graphic design, and tattooing.
- Skip Nall Photography – fine art photography.
- TRZY Studios – art gallery and vintage resale.
- Artjunkie – “trash to treasure” turning things that would end up in a landfill into cool art for your home.
- 14th Avenue West Studio – metal art, painting, and sketches.
- Fun Girl Art – art pieces with a laid-back style and a sense of FUN.
- Reworked Creations – original art from reclaimed materials, repurposed art supplies, “Make and Take” experiences.
- Frank Peter’s Antiques – late 1800’s to Mid Century items with re-purpose or up-cycling.
- 10th Avenue West Studio – indoor/outdoor repurposed art with an ocean theme.
- Firestone Gallery – folk, tropical, fine, tramp, and rock and roll art.
- Sally’s Studio – acrylic and watercolor paintings.
After you’re done shopping at the VOTA, the fun doesn’t stop! There are a ton of other local businesses offering discounts and specials on Small Business Saturday and throughout the holiday season! Check back on Monday for Discover Bradenton’s Ultimate Guide to Shopping Local for the Holidays.