Many years ago when Columbus, Ohio native Steve Goeller was asked to take over a single trivia game at Tequila Beach Sports Grill on Manatee Ave., he never expected it to grow into a major local phenomenon. Yet, today, that’s exactly what Steve-O Entertainment has become. The brand is now synonymous with top-notch Bradenton trivia games and Steve and his team pull in large, loyal crowds almost every night of the week.
If you’ve been out at a local restaurant or bar in the past few years and heard a trivia game going on, there’s a good chance that it was brought to you by Steve-O Entertainment.
Since his first official show in August of 2011, Steve’s company has grown enough that he now has eight employees and over 90 trivia games stretching from Sarasota to Sun City and Valrico. They regularly pack the house at local bars and restaurants, creating a huge sales boost on nights that would otherwise be fairly slow.
Part of the game’s success is due to the unique format. While most other trivia games ask 25 to 30 questions during a two-hour time frame, Steve’s General Knowledge Trivia games cover 140 or more questions, divided into five rounds, over the same two-hour time period. He avoids excess downtime by having teams trade papers to grade each other, rather than waiting for the host to score the answers.
He also runs a Music Trivia game that usually includes five rounds of ten songs each. The rounds each have a theme. For example, all ten songs might have whistling in them or have been recorded in the same year. Teams listen to a brief clip of each song and are then challenged to come up with the song name and the performer. Sometimes there are bonus questions, like the movie soundtrack that featured the song.
Both trivia games end with a “Final Jeopardy” round. Teams can wager some or all of the points they’ve earned throughout the night on one final question. Get it right, and you could be the big winner, but get it wrong and you’ll go home with nothing (except a night of fun!). Many of the games run for 10 consecutive weeks, with a grand prize at the end.
Want to learn more about these awesome games and the crowds they bring in? Check out this video:
Current Bradenton Trivia Schedule (As of 07/15/2019)
If you want to join in on a game, you have plenty of options! Here’s the current the Bradenton-area schedule:
General Knowlege Trivia:
- Monday – RJ Gator’s – 6100 Cortez Rd. W. Bradenton, FL 34210 – 7 p.m. with Steve-O
- Monday – Cork’s Cigar Bar- 424 Old Main St, Bradenton, FL 34205 – 7 p.m. with Zipp
- Tuesday – Truman’s Tap & Grill – 11161 E State Rd 70 #100, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 – 7 p.m. with Steve-O
- Tuesday – DCoy Ducks –: 5410 Marina Dr, Holmes Beach, FL 34217 – 7 p.m. with Zipp
- Tuesday – Bad Ass Cafe – 312 12th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205 – 7 p.m. with Wolff
- Wednesday – The Bridge Tender Inn – 135 Bridge St, Bradenton Beach, FL 34217 – 3:30 p.m. with Steve-O
- Thursday – Ed’s Tavern – 10719 Rodeo Drive, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 – 8 p.m. with Steve-O
- Thursday – Darwin Brewery – 803 17th Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205 – 7 p.m. with Scott
- Sunday – 3 Keys Brewing Company -2505 Manatee Ave E, Bradenton, FL 34208 – 6 p.m. with Steve-O
- Wednesday – Ed’s Tavern – 10719 Rodeo Drive, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 – 8 p.m. with Steve-O
- Thursday – Truman’s Tap & Grill: 11161 E State Rd 70 #100, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202 – 8 p.m. with Heather
- Thursday – RJ Gator’s: 6100 Cortez Rd. W. Bradenton, FL 34210 – 8 p.m. with Zipp
You can keep up with new games and schedule changes by following Steve-O Entertainment on Facebook.
Steve loves entertaining people and has made many close friends over the years. Some of his trivia players have been attending his games consistently for over five years!
In addition to hosting trivia nights, he’s also a five-star wedding and event DJ. He’s done weddings for over 30 couples who he’s met through trivia games and was excited to learn that one couple who had their first date at one of his trivia games recently became engaged.
Check out the Steve-O Entertainment website to read some of his testimonials and learn more.
Did you enjoy this article? There are plenty more like it coming down the pipeline. Don’t miss out on the hottest things happening in Bradenton! Follow Discover Bradenton on Facebook and join our email list. You’ll get a weekly update sent right to your inbox every Monday morning.